Welcome to the Canby Adult Center
The Canby Adult Center is a private, non-profit organization serving the population of Canby and the surrounding areas. Our mission is to “create a community that embraces the opportunities and challenges of older adulthood”.
We accomplish our mission through a variety of services and activities that accompany individuals as they age in place. We offer meals, fitness, education, recreation, information and socialization. While our services are designed with the older adult in mind, our building is open to all who might benefit from participation. Most of our services and activities are offered on a donation basis; no one will be refused an essential service due to inability to pay.
- Jan 30th – March 5th – Powerful Tools for Caregivers, 6-week workshop, Thursdays, 1:00-3:30 pm
- Feb 5th & 19th – Fort Kennedy providing Veteran’s Assistance & Information, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Feb 7th – April 10th – AARP Tax Clinic, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm, Appointment required
- Feb 13th – Pie Raffle at 12 noon, Cherry Cheesecake
- Feb 19th – Speed Scratch Heart Health Meals, 1:00 pm, healthy meal planning & 30-minute prep
- Feb 22nd – Iwo Jima Ceremony at Ackerman School & Canby Adult Center, 10:00 am
- Feb 27th – Speaker from Collette Excursions, 10:00 am, upcoming October New Orleans trip
- March 1st – Breakfast at American Legion, 8:30-11:30 am, Benefits the Canby Adult Center MOW program
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE CHANGES:
February 17th – Center Closed for Presidents’ Day
Weather Closure Reminder: If Canby School District is closed due to inclement weather, then Canby Adult Center will also be closed.